Massimo De Carlo gallery was founded in Milano in 1987. Since the beginning Massimo De Carlo gallery program included young and prominent artists such as, among others, Alighiero Boetti, Rudolf Stingel, Maurizio Cattelan, and Yan Pei-Ming. The global affirmation of these and the other artists of the gallery has favoured its on-going success.
For 30 years Massimo De Carlo has been playing a fundamental role in bringing the most interesting voices of international art to the Italian scene, and Italian artists into the global arena. This contributed to the promotion and establishment of a vital dialogue between the artists and national and international institutions, encouraging relationships between galleries, critics, curators, and collectors. Throughout the years, the gallery’s artists have been shown in international museums and biennials, and thus obtained an outstanding place into important public and private art collections.
Massimo De Carlo is pleased to announce the opening of the new headquarters in Milan, situated in Viale Lombardia 17, the building known as Casa Corbellini-Wasserman, which was built in the early 1930s (1934-1936) by the renowned Italian architect Piero Portaluppi.
这第二个新展览场地毗邻文图拉街 5号, 位于米兰历史城区的比利时大厦内。
2009年，Massimo De Carlo以Carlson画廊的名字在伦敦开启了其第一个画廊 。
随着市场的发展，画廊不断扩大。2012年，Massimo De Carlo画廊迁至位于奥德利南街的新展览场地。现在以伦敦Massimo De Carlo名字运营的画廊处于Mayfair 中心区一幢三层的英式传统建筑内。